Thursday, May 27, 2010

(POEM) TABLE FOR TWO BY:; LOVERANCE

(Poem) Table For Two

Beautiful evening, the sun resting her head on mountain tops
A window let's her love leak into perfect venue.
Cut to me sitting alone collecting my thoughts,
While my eyes dance around the menu

Candles flicker softly on a table set for two, in a restaurant full of love && hate
Pain && lust, roses, a bottle of the finest wine chilled on ice but your late
Love is blind && so is this date
So every girl that walks in I wonder if its you
By the bar, sitting alone, or in the blue

In this restaurant i see everything that i need to be && more.
As i sit && wait for you to walk through that door.

To the left of me
Aboy on bending knee stepping into man-hood
In the deepest part of love
Understanding that life was missing one piece to completing he's puzzle

Behind him two lovers sit && admire each other, desire each other, inspired by each other..
Locked hands but there souls are FREE
As they locked eyes, he leans in because he knows he's kiss is the key.

To the right of me
A boy is arguing with a girl
Him expressing feelings so raw && true
But she's misunderstanding his ways
He's been marked a cheater, a flirt, a player without any proof
Just words but actions speak louder than those, right?

Behind them the break-up
Or is that young man being put into the friend zone?
She told him "when I'm ready for a relationship you'll be first in line"
But she lied, pain in his eye but he has to man up so he can't cry
Don't ask him if he's okay because he'll deny
He's not okay or fine because the true rance inside of him just died

In this restaurant every man I see is me
Realizing I've been sitting at this table for the last five years..
Eyes opening wide every time the door of my heart is open then closed before i can say hello

As the restaurant becomes empty and the roses I got you die, it speaks to me.
A lesson learned, haven't I earned the love that hasn't been given to me.
So as I get up, I pull from my pocket a letter.
Words cut from my tongue && swallowed by the paper set a blaze on the table because it made me feel better.

This is a table for two, so why am i sitting alone?


--LoveRance :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment